Texas OnCourse empowers everyone who works with young people – pre-K through grade 12 – students, parents, teachers, volunteers, and counselors—to make decisions that will help students succeed after high school.
They have organized leading college and career websites and tools from across the state into a resource library that students, families and educators can easily access.
The 2018 Neal Kocurek Scholarship application is now live! This is open to any Central Texas high school student planning to pursue a career in the healthcare field. The scholarship offers up to $7,500 per year for up to four years of undergraduate and up to four years of graduate studies and medical school at Texas colleges and universities, and up to $4,000 a year at Texas community colleges! Learn more and apply at: https://stdavidsfoundation.org/scholarships/neal-kocurek-scholarship/how-to-apply
#FAFSA TIP: You can add up to 10 schools at a time to your FAFSA form. Applying to more than 10 schools? Here’s what to do. FAFSA Federal Student Aid Website: https://fafsa.ed.gov/
Special thanks to Melissa, Nadia and Celeste for volunteering at this year’s CIS Food for Thought event! This annual event is a critical fundraiser for our organization and it wouldn’t be a success without amazing volunteers.
Thanks to Nadia, Melissa, Val, Angela, Keyanna, and Celeste for coming together over the last few months to help Communities In Schools of Central Texas create an alumni group to connect students to one another and to CIS after high school graduation. Are YOU interested in getting involved!? We’d love to have more alumni participate. Email Debra Joiner at CIS to learn more: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the Students Scholarship
Deadline: November 17, 2017
- Be a full-time student (minimum of 12 credit hours) at a college/university visited by the Fall 2017 For the Students Tour
- Austin Community College
- Full Sail University
- Huston-Tillotson University
- University of Central Florida – Rosen College
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of the Incarnate Word
- University of Texas at San Antonio
- Texas State University
- Submit current transcript proving student has maintained a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Provide a copy of a resume. Links to extracurricular endeavors (websites, apps, podcasts, videos, etc.) and social media profiles are encouraged
- Submit one (1) letter of recommendation from a faculty member or university/college administration
- Submit a 500-word essay explaining how you have taken advantage of your collegiate resources, internships, and/or extracurricular opportunities to lay the foundation for your career before graduation. Additionally, state why you are the best candidate for this scholarship. Include points such as your experience, qualifications, post-graduation goals, etc.
Send all required information to email@example.com
Recipient will be selected by December 15, 2017
Scholarship funds will be awarded directly to the student’s institution.
Click here to learn more.
Austin Community College Career Pathways offers 100% FREE Career Training and Support for Adult Learners in Austin, TX.
- Intro Classes – Take 8-week computer classes and get career ready.
- Certificate Programs – Train for a new career; get industry certified
- Level Up – Get free textbooks, support classes and a graduation gift.
Career Pathways Registration Tuesday, October 17, 2017
8:00AM – Morning Registration. 5:30PM – Evening Registration
Highland Business Center, 5930 Middle Fiskville Rd., Austin, TX 78752